U.S. vs. Mexico Prediction


What? The hat? Just seemed like the perfect summary of my feelings toward the Mexican National Team. I wish they had more hats that summarized my feelings. I also wish they had the full picture of the kid giving the salute, but whatever.

This match has analyzed to death by several other blogs, and I don't feel like a long post for this game would be worth it. I am going to give a simply prediction on how the game is going to go. It is of course hard to balance relativistic expectations with what I hope will happen. I have dreams of the U.S. trouncing Mexico 2-0 at Azteca. The coverage of the game would be shown all over the world. The Mexico fans would return to their cave after the jubilation following the 5-0 win the Gold Cup Final. Personally, I think a draw would be sufficient enough for most U.S. fans and players. Do I think that the U.S. will get a positive result in Azteca?

No. Believe me I hope that the U.S.will beat Mexico, and as soon as the match starts I will believe that the U.S. can beat Mexico in Azteca. However, right now it is the day before the game and reality is setting in. On to the prediction.

The first half will be encouraging for the U.S., and Bradley will pull out an aggressive lineup for this game. He has been putting very aggressive lineups in several games including the Confederations Cup games. I think that will stay true in the Mexico. Bradley will be looking to catch Mexico early on, in hopes that Mexico will be overconfident on home soil. The U.S. will get the first goal, but due their aggressive setting will give it a goal late in the first half. He and the U.S. will leave the field with confidence that maybe they can pull a draw out of the hat.

The second half, however will be tougher for the U.S. The smog and altitude will set in, and the U.S. will give it a goal 2-1 Mexico. After that I don't foresee any other goals as the U.S. will try to get back in to no avail. Late in the second half, a truly exhausted U.S. team will give up a goal.  3-1 is how it will end, and the Mexican fans will celebrate ignoring the truly glaring problems with their national team. A respectable showing for the U.S. all things considered, and reason to be encouraged for the future. It may not be the  Expect a full review and a look into the future of World Cup Qualifying, after the game.

Share this post!

Bookmark and Share
blog comments powered by Disqus